The first U.S. Navy aircraft carrier, the Langley, was converted from the Jupiter coal carrier. The modification project began in June 1919 and was completed in March 1922; and appeared in active service in the U.S. Navy. It was the first actual aircraft carrier in the history of the U.S. military. As an aircraft carrier, the Langley conducts various tactical training and exercises, providing the U.S. Navy with experience in using aircraft carriers and many naval pilots.
In 1936, the Langley was converted into a seaplane carrier, designated AV-3. During the Pacific War, on February 27, 1942, The Langley was sunk by a Japanese land attack aircraft while carrying out a fighter jet mission to Java Island.
- Detailed Hull is a one piece part.
- Detailed flight deck and hangar deck.
- Extensive photo-etched details included.
- six P2Y included.
- Complete ship and aircraft decal sets.
- Scale: 1/350
- Type: Static Military Ship Model
- Length: 475.3mm
- Beam: 72.6mm
- Total Parts: 540+ Pcs
- Photo-Etched Parts: 4Pcs
- Metal Parts: Anchor Chain
- Total Sprues: 17+ Hulls & Decks
|1/350 U.S. Navy AV-3 Seaplane (Aircraft) Carrier Scaled Plastic Model Kit||1|
- Modelling Glue such as Revell Contacta Professional Glue 25g
- Tweezers, scissors & modelling knives
|Military Watercraft Type:||Aircraft Carrier|
There are no reviews yet.